20 June 2011

The perfect dinner party

After a few musings on who I like to share my bookish thoughts with outside the blogging world (amounting to very few people as it happens ... apart from The Rocks of course :-)) I got thinking about that age old question of who, if you could choose from anyone in the world or in history, would you invite to your ULTIMATE dinner party. Here are my top five and the reasons why:



1. Frida Kahlo - Mexican artist, communist, (feminist?) and all around heroine of mine. Her art is amazing and her life was even more so.


2. Stephen Fry - British actor, author and King of comedy. Thou shalt not question Stephen Fry. 


3. Richard Burton - British explorer, artist, spy, sexual deviant, you name it, this man most probably did it. Viewed with a great deal of suspicion by his peers ... just my kind of guy.


4. Josephine Baker - American dancer, singer and civil rights activist, this special lady captured my imagination when we used to visit her old château in the South of France. 



5. Jimi Hendrix - Just achingly cool ... need I say more?


Who will you be inviting to dinner this Friday?


2 comments:

  1. What a nifty guest list! I'd never heard of 1 or 3, and would never have thought of inviting the others to a dinner party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I want :) complete fantasy dinner party - another worry is what to cook but that's far too hard for me to consider!!

    ReplyDelete