30 May 2011

Paris in July

In a month or sos time I will be joining in on my first bloggy theme month; Paris in July, courtesy of lovely ladies Karen at Book Bath and Tamara at Thyme for Tea, who is lucky enough to actually be spending July in the marvellous country itself **jealous**


I'm such a francophile its rather sickening really, so this will be the puurrfect chance to indulge in all things Frenchie and get the summer off to an oh-so-chic start!  The event will run from the 1st - 31st July 2011 and will basically involve diving headfirst into anything French; be it a book, film or indeed a big fat chocolate gâteau and reporting back on your success to the blogosphere.  I myself intend to rekindle my love for a few old French films and get stuck into to some of those Folios (the French version of a Penguin book I suppose) that sit languishing on my shelf and that I am always too lazy to pick up and read.  The ladies themselves have given us some interesting ideas:

- Reading a French book - fiction or non-fiction

- Watching a French movie

- Listening to French music

- Cooking French food

- Experiencing French art, architecture or travel (lucky Tamara!)

- Or anything else French inspired you can think of...

Weirdly enough I'm a big fan of banlieu-style French rap so perhaps I could get down with it and dust down a few of my old CDs.  If any of you have a passion for all things French then do head over to these ladies' websites and see what this great event is all about.  A list of participants can be found on Book Bath.



2 comments:

  1. Chocolate gâteau and French rap music? I'm really looking forward to reading your Paris In July posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    Have just checked out your latest post and am delighted to return the compliment :-) You have some excellent/exciting things lined up - have left a comment..

    ReplyDelete