27 April 2011

The TBR pile - take 2

As you may remember, a week or so ago I began to tackle the issue of by hheeeyyooouuuggeee TBR pile...and here we are in week two, and the saga of what I need to read continues...


The prince of mist by Carlos Ruiz Zafón - I love love love Carlos Ruiz Zafón. I read Shadow of the Wind years and years ago and adored it and recently picked up The Angel's Game, a beautifully written novel that was made all the more attractive as I read it shortly after coming back from Barcelona.


Jean de Florette/Manon des Sources by Marcel Pagnol - I stumbled across this sitting on my shelf with great shame the other day.  I love the films but have started and not quite got into the books a few times.  Perhaps better read in French?


A fine balance by Rohinton Mistry - A book I have heard fantastic things about. I'm not sure I've read much work by Indian authors and am keen to start, especially since (fingers crossed) that's where we will be off to come September.


Satori in Paris by Jack Kerouac - I thought I had read this but it turns out, much to my dismay, that I haven't! Buddhism + France = big thumbs up.


Never let me go by Kazuo Ishiguro - I hardly need to put the author's name down here.  The remains of the day was a book that had a profound effect on me and I have had this in mind for a while now.  With Keira Knightly now sadly invading my space I need to get this classic read, and quickly.


Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment